Monday, September 8, 2008

Seeing myself teach...

So a couple of days ago my instructor handed us a dvd from the first day of class. This dvd contained a surprised short mini lessons we were told to teach on the first day of school. I have never seen myself attempting to teach until that day. I finally got to see how serious and passionate I am about the profession I am trying to obtain. My mini lessons was the fundamentals of dribbling a basketball. I had flaws here and there I'm not perfect and may never be but i will improve as the year progresses. Seeing myself and giving myself corrective feedback will only make me stronger. i noticed I gave to many cues I just needed to cut down to a few of the most important, and my instruction could have been specific yet easier to follow. Another thing I would have changed is the activity I used to teach the skill of dribbling. I should I have chose something more fun that would have caught students attention more and had them fully engaged in the game. My closure was a little rough, so I know i need to improve there. This is what stood out to me the most! I want to be able to teach while still maintaining the level of fun a physical education class should have. But over I thought my teaching session was not so bad, with a few corrections and a little more time to learn I will be able to do wonders. I'm not going to lie the I laughed at myself, the clip was pretty funny i actually almost look like a teacher!!! Can't wait to see what the next teaching session will look like...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing seeing people who are passionate about what they want to do in life. I think you're going to make an awesome phys ed teacher one day. I know I'd want you as mine ;)lol. see you around

c-pal